Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hamiltonian America, Worshipers of Jefferson

"America Worships Thomas Jefferson and it is a Hamiltonian America"


           In my personal opinion I think that America doesn't fully worship Jefferson. Along with that I also don't totally agree with the idea that we are totally a Hamiltonian America. I think it is a very equal mix of both.   For example the Hamiltonian America wanted presidency for life, which obviously didn't happen but he also wanted a economy that was based off of trade and the way he wanted a national bank. However Jefferson also had a major role to play in every day american life. Jefferson wanted the states to have more control over the important issues, he also wanted to become very separated from Britain which eventually we did. 
         In my personal opinion we don't give enough credit to either, Hamilton or Jefferson. In Jefferson's case he is worshiped but in my opinion not enough. I think that he should be on a higher bill than the 2 dollar bill. He was a president and he wrote the arguably most important document in our nations history. Though he has a monument or a memorial he fully deserves it. I am not saying that Hamilton doesn't deserve recognition but I think that he isn't as deserving of Jefferson. A quote that describes the death of Hamilton is "the world mourned him with a fervor that is remarkable, considering the speed with which it proceeded to forget him." this is saying that America loved Hamilton but when it came down to it, he just  wasn't as important as Jefferson. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Josh,

    Before reading this post, I didn't know who hamilton was. I think that both of them deserve recognition, but not in the same way, for they accomplished different things. An idea I liked that you had was to put Jefferson on a bill higher than $2, but it isn't very practical, as it would be somewhat of a waste of money. Also, having jefferson being on the $2 dollar bill makes him special, because the $2 dollar bill is just so. All in all, a well thought post. Thanks,

    - James

    ReplyDelete